Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Friday, January 20, 2012

I went to a Quizno's the other day and had a yummy sandwich. Of course I had to try to recreate it here in my kitchen. While not tasting exactly like Quizno's...it WAS good. The men in my family probably would have said so if their mouths hadn't been so full of bites. The nice thing about this is that you can make all the ingredients ahead of time and pull everything out to make one or several. The ingredients I've got listed make 4 sandwiches with some of the mayo leftover for something else...but you can certainly increase them for a crowd. It's spicy, cheesey and wonderful.

Baja Sandwiches



4 sub sandwich buns
12 chicken tenders - seasoned, grilled and sliced (I just used Lawry's Seasoning Salt and grilled them on my Foreman Grill.)
1 small red onion - caramelized
6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
Chipotle mayo - recipe follows

Set oven broiler to "high".

Slice buns in half lengthwise and slather both sides with the chipotle mayo.

Divide the onion into 4 equal parts and lay it on one side of the bun.

Divide the chicken into 4 equal parts and add it on top of the onion.

Cut cheese in half and add three half pieces on top of the chicken.

Broil 3 - 5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.

Cut in half and chow down!!

Chipotle Mayo

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 tablespoons bbq sauce

Whizz everything together in a food processor. Use on Baja sandwiches.


The stuff you need for these yummy sammies.


Start by spreading the chipotle mayo on 
both sides of the sliced bun. Then layer 
the onion, chicken and cheese.


Place them on a cookie sheet and broil 3 - 5 minutes 
until the cheese is nice and bubbly and starting to brown.


Here's what you need for the chipotle mayo. So easy.


Just add everything to your foodprocessor and pulse 
until combined and smooth. Use on your sandwiches.


Ta-da!!!! Spicy, warm and delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment