Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Friday, January 20, 2012

How fun would these be for Valentine's Day? A friend (Hi Jennifer!!) brought these to the cookie exchange I had last month and they were the bomb! In fact..my son took one bite and told me I needed to get the recipe ASAP. My only problem was that I couldn't find the Hershey Cherry Cordials so I improvised. I made some with some White Chocolate Kisses, some with Dove Chocolate Raspberry Swirls...then I even flattened some out before baking and just sprinkled them with a little sugar to make a cherry sugar cookie. These are a great cookie!! And you can even get creative and use lime jello in place of the cherry and white chocolate kisses in place of the cherry cordials for a yummy citrus cookie!

Cherry Jello Cookies



1 cup butter flavored Crisco
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
3 C flour
3 oz. Cherry Jell-O
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 packages Cherry Cordial Hersey Kisses
  

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Combine Crisco and sugar in a large mixing bowl.

Add eggs and Jell-o and mix well.

Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Slowly add to Crisco mixture.

Roll into teaspoon sized balls or use a 1/2-inch cookie scoop. Place cookie balls on baking sheet and bake for 7 -8 minutes, just until lighly browned. Do not over bake.

Immediately after cookies are pulled from the oven, place an unwrapped Hershey Cherry Cordial Kiss on top. Press down slightly. Cool on wire racks until candy is set. Do not touch the candies while they are cooling as the chocolate is melt-y and needs to reharden.

Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

 
Here's the goods for the goodies.


 
Cream together the Crisco and the sugar.


 
Add the eggs and the Jell-o and mix well.


 
Sift or stir together the dry ingredients.


 
Then slowly add it to the Jell-o mixture.


 
Roll into 1 inch balls and bake 'em up! 
Immediately after they're done, 
top with an unwrapped Hershey's Cherry Cordial Kiss. 
Allow to cool completely before handling.


 
Here are a few I made into sugar cookies. 
Yummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment