Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Friday, January 20, 2012

A few days ago I posted a recipe for Baja Sandwiches that used Chipotle mayo....and it was great! I had some of the mayo leftover and decided to make some chicken chipotle quesadillas for lunch the other day. I added some whole green chilies for extra, extra zing! If you like to walk on the spicy side of things, then these quesadillas are for you!

Chipotle Quesadillas



Flour tortillas ~ I used the fajita size
Chopped cooked chicken ~ I used a store-bought rotesserie
Whole green chilies ~ I had some fresh that my MIL sent me from AZ, but the canned stuff is fine.
Cheddar cheese
Chipotle mayo ~ recipe follows
Salt

On one half of a flour tortilla, layer all ingredients in the amounts your prefer. Fold over.

Grill in a grill pan or use a Foreman Grill like I did or anyway you you prefer.

Serve with salsa and sour cream and guacamole if you have it! Yummers! 


 
Here's what you need. 
And please don't forget the salt. 
Green chilies need salt!


 
Layer the ingredients on a flour tortilla. 
I like to begin and end with cheese. 
The cheese kind of acts like a "glue" to hold everything together. Then grill it! I used my Foreman grill but 
however you like to make quessadillas is fine.


 
Oh yum!! These were fantastic!!


Chipotle Mayo

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 tablespoons bbq sauce

Whizz everything together in a food processor. Use on Baja sandwiches.

 
Chipotle mayo!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment