Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Friday, August 20, 2010

Panko-Parm Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes

These aren't your regular fried green tomatoes. These are better!! The panko crumbs give them an extra crunch and the parm adds a twist!

Panko-Parm Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes

2 whole green tomatoes
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Slice tomatoes in 1/2 inch slices. Place in a bowl and cover with buttermilk. Let stand at room temp while preparing other ingredients.

Place flour in a shallow dish and season to taste with salt & pepper. Combine Panko, Italian breadcrumbs and grated parm in a shallow dish. Stir well and add salt & pepper to taste.

Bring about 1 inch of oil in a large skillet to a med-high heat. Dredge buttermilk soaked tomatoes in dry mix then place in heated oil. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Eat up!

Yum!! Try these. Now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment