Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Grilled Flank Steak Sammies with Caramelized Onions and Provolone Cheese

These sammies are pretty stinkin’ good. I came up with this a few years ago and my family…being the wonderful guinea pigs they are….gave them a big “thumbs up”. Do guinea pigs have thumbs? No matter….the fam loved them…so here they are for YOU.

Grilled Flank Steak Sammies with Caramelized Onions and Provolone Cheese

1 – 1.5 pound flank steak – grilled (I just use my grill pan on the stove and season the steak with salt, pepper and Lawry’s Seasoning Salt)
1 large sweet onion – sliced thin and caramelized with a little Olive Oil (do this first…it takes a little time.)
1 loaf sliced yummy bread. (I went to the “designer” section of the store and found mine but you can use whatever good bread you like.)
Sliced Provolone cheese
Mayo for the sammies
Green or red peppers – sliced and grilled (optional)

Grill the flank steak until desired doneness is achieved. We like ours with a tiny bit of pink. Let meat rest for about 10 minutes before slicing. Slice thin-ish.

Heat a grill pan, Panini press or if you have a Foreman Grill, that works great, too. Assemble sammies with sliced meat, caramelized onions and cheese on two slices of bread spread with mayo. Spread the outside of the bread with a little butter, then grill until toasted and cheese is melty.

Slice in half and eat up!

Everything you need for a great sandwich

Caramelizing the onions.....yum!
Would ya look at this?? Tasty!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment