Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Candy Bar Brownies

Brownies!!!!!!!!!!!! What’s better than a chocolaty, gooey, warm brownie? Well, I’ll tell you. A brownie made with Symphony Bars!!! I found out about this recipe about 10 years ago from a grocery store cashier of all people and WAY before a certain southern Food Network star made them on her show. I’ve been making brownies this way ever since. You just can’t beat it.

Candy Bar Brownies

1 22-ounce Brownie Mix – (plus ingredients) OR your favorite recipe. Personally, I’ve never found a homemade brownie recipe that I like more than a mix. If it’s out there, someone send it to me and I’ll post it on here.

3 6.8-ounce Hershey Symphony Bars – Milk chocolate or my favorite…the ones with almonds and toffee bits. The Symphony Bars are the best…nice and creamy.

Make the brownie mix according to the package directions for CAKE-LIKE brownies. This is an important step because the chocolate bars make the brownies extra mushy and adding the extra egg to the mix, helps eliminate that. But...they still come out moist.
Pour half of the brownie batter in the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch pan. Unwrap chocolate bars and lay on top of the batter. You may have to trim off some of the chocolate bars to make them fit in the pan. Now you have a little snack while you finish preparing the brownies. Pour remaining brownie batter on top of the chocolate bars and spread to cover.

Bake according to package directions…baking a little on the longer side. With the extra chocolate it may take a little longer. Bake until the top no longer jiggles. Cool completely before slicing. Then indulge in this little bit of chocolate heaven.


<>
Here's whatcha need...plus the ingredients for the brownie mix


Half the brownie mix in the pan with the chocolate bars on top..

<>
All baked.....



Mmmmmm.....chocolate

0 comments:

Post a Comment