Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Honey Lime Shrimp Fettucini

Here's something a little sweet, a little spicy with a hint of citrus! All these flavors combined make for a very refreshing meal! If you want, you could put the shrimp on skewers and throw them on your grill but I loved the fact that the pasta took on the taste of the marinade once it was combined with the shrimp! Yummy, yummy!

Honey Lime Shrimp Fettucini



1 pound shrimp ~ shelled, deveined and tails off
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 - 2 cloves garlic ~ minced
1 teaspoon lime zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
8 ounces fettucini ~ cooked and drained

Combine all ingredients in a plastic zip top bag.

Add shrimp and marinate for an hour.

In a hot skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. 

Remove shrimp from marinade and cook in butter until shrimp are almost done. 

Throw leftover marinade away.

Add cooked pasta and toss to combine.


The goods. 
The goods.

I like to place my plastic bag inside a glass, then add the marinade ingredients. 

I like to place my plastic bag inside 
a glass, then add the marinade ingredients.

After all the marinade is in the bag, add the shrimp and allow to chill for about an hour. 

After all the marinade is in the bag, 
add the shrimp and allow to chill for about an hour.

Melt a little butter in a hot skillet. 

Melt a little butter in a hot skillet.

Cook the shrimp. 

Cook the shrimp.

Then add the cooked pasta and toss. 

Then add the cooked pasta and toss.

Sweet, citrus-y, spicy and delicious! 

Sweet, citrus-y, spicy and delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment