Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Wednesday, March 19, 2014

White Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Cookies

I love mint and chocolate. Andes mints...mint chocolate chip ice cream...great combo, I think. So I decided to take my standard drop sugar cookie and add white chocolate and peppermint to the recipe. Yep...it was a winner. IT Guy SAID he didn't really care for the chocolate/mint combo but these cookies went pretty quick and I know I wasn't eating them! He admitted that the flavor "grew on him"....haha. I KNEW I could win him over!!

White Chocolate Peppermint 
Sugar Cookies


 

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tarter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips ~ divided use
1 1/2 cups crushed candy canes ~ divided use


Cream sugars with butter and shortening.

Add egg and vanilla and mix well.

Add dry ingredients and mix well.

Stir in 1 cup white chocolate chips and 1 cup crushed candy canes.

Scoop into 1 inch balls and place on prepared pan.

Flatten dough balls and bake for about 10 minutes.

Melt remaining 1/2 cup white chocolate. Add remaining 1/2 cup crushed candy canes.

Drizzle on cooled cookies.

For the cookies.....the ingredients show that I doubled this recipe.
For the cookies.....the ingredients 
show that I doubled this recipe.

Cream the sugar with the butter and shortening. Then add the eggs.
Cream the sugar with the butter 
and shortening. Then add the eggs.

Then add the dry ingredients.
Then add the dry ingredients.

Crush up your candy canes. I used my food processor but you can whack the daylights out of them with a rolling pin if you need to work out some frustration.
Crush up your candy canes. I used 
my food processor but you can whack 
the daylights out of them with a rolling 
pin if you need to work out some frustration.

Add the candy canes and the white chocolate to the dough.
Add the candy canes and the 
white chocolate to the dough.

Then bake 'em up!!
Then bake 'em up!!

Melt the remaining white chocolate and add the remaining crushed candy canes.
Melt the remaining white chocolate 
and add the remaining crushed candy canes.

Frost your cookies! Let the chocolate set then eat!
Frost your cookies! Let the chocolate set then eat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment