Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Chocolate Crackles

The first time I had these cookies I was a teenager. My mom made them and being the choco-holic that I was (and still am)....I loved them. My opinion hasn't changed one bit since then. A chocolate cookie...with chocolate chips...rolled in powdered sugar then baked until they are soft and chewy. What can get better than that, I ask? Not much!   


Chocolate Crackles   
  



Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper


2 ounces unsweetened baker's chocolate, melted
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips
powdered sugar

Cream oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Cream in chocolate. Add flour, salt, baking powder and chocolate chips. Chill 2 hours. Form into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes or until set and tops crack open.


All you need for yummy chocolatey goodness.
All you need for yummy chocolatey goodness.
 
Basically, mix it all up....
Basically, mix it all up....
 
...plop the dough on a cookie sheet after it's chilled a bit...
...plop the dough on a cookie
 sheet after it's chilled a bit...
 
...and you get this!! Minus the christmas tree.
...and you get this!! 
Minus the christmas tree.

0 comments:

Post a Comment