Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Dorothy's Toffee Chip Cookies


The first time I had these cookies I thought I would embarrass myself with how many I ate. We were at dinner at a lovely lady's house....the mother-in-law of my very good friend....and Dorothy had these for dessert along with a cherry cheesecake. The cheesecake was good, no doubt, but it was these cookies that captured my attention and found a place into my heart and taste-buds. Apparently Dorothy made these cookies all the time for her family and you could tell because she had perfected the recipe. Dorothy's gone now but the memory of her is strong and I think of her every time I make these little treasures.

Dorothy's Toffee Chip Cookies




 Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper

Cream together:
1 cup butter – softened
1 cup sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla

Beat in 2 eggs

Add:
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 bag toffee chips

Drop by small teaspoonfuls and bake for 8 to 10 minutes depending on desired softness/crunchiness. These cookies  spread while baking so don’t crowd the pan. I usually get about 12 cookies per pan.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies



This is a very basic recipe so I didn't show all the steps. But here's whatcha need.
This is a very basic recipe so I 
didn't show all the steps. But here's whatcha need.

Make the dough balls a little on the small side because these babies will spread.
Make the dough balls a little on 
the small side because these babies will spread.

These cookies are flat when baked. You can bake them so they turn out soft or if you like to live on the wild side like Dorothy did, make 'em crunchy. Yummy either way.
These cookies are flat when baked. You can bake them so they turn out soft or if you like to live on the wild side like Dorothy did, make 'em crunchy. Yummy either way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment