Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Monday, December 29, 2014

Saucy Shrimp & Pasta

I love shrimp and I love pasta and when you combine the two, well, I'm a happy girl! IT Guy isn't so much a fan of shrimp so I made this for just me and loved it! It was great right out of the pan and I had leftovers for a few days that were just as good as when the day I made the dish! Super easy to throw together and super yummy. This would be great to make with chicken, too! Just cut your chicken into large bite-sized pieces and continue on!

Saucy Shrimp & Pasta



16 ounces angel hair pasta ~ cooked and drained
1 - 2 pounds medium shrimp ~ peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic ~ minced
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon black pepper


Sauce

2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sweet chili sauce (found in the Asian food aisle)
1 clove garlic ~ minced
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.

Place shrimp in a medium bowl and add paprika, 2 cloves minced garlic and the pepper. Toss to coat.

Heat a olive oil in a large skillet then add the seasoned shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 - 7 minutes until shrimp are done and.

Toss everything together in a large bowl and stir to combine.


Here we go! 
Here we go!

Combine the sauce ingredients. 

Combine the sauce ingredients.

Then add the paprika, garlic and pepper to the shrimp and toss. 

Then add the paprika, garlic and 
pepper to the shrimp and toss.

Cook the shrimp! 

Cook the shrimp!

Add the cooked shrimp, the cooked pasta and the sauce to a bowl and stir to combine. 

Add the cooked shrimp, the 
cooked pasta and the sauce 
to a bowl and stir to combine.

Yummy!!!! 

Yummy!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment