Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Monday, April 7, 2014

Biscoff Candy Cups

My daughter actually tipped me off to these after seeing them online somewhere. And so, being the chocolate/Biscoff fan that I am, I made my own! And you know what's great about these little gems? Not only are they delicious....but you can make a little or a lot. Use milk chocolate or white...or dark...what ever tickles your taste buds. These are just a fun twist on peanut butter cups and so easy to make. I used a candy mold that I had but you don't have to do that. Use the little paper candy cups if ya' want. They're just fun and easy....and yummy!

Biscoff Candy Cups



1 11-ounce bag milk chocolate chips
1 cup (apprx) Biscoff Spread (found in the peanut butter aisle)

Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, 1 cup at a time, for 30 minutes.

Stir and continue to melt at 15 second intervals, stirring, until chocolate is melted and smooth.

Using a candy cup mold, or paper candy cups in a muffin tin, coat the cups with the melted chocolate making sure chocolate goes all the way up the sides.

Place in freezer for about 10 minutes until chocolate has hardened.

Stir Biscoff Spread until smooth and place about a teaspoon of the spread in the frozen candy cup. Smooth top.

Add a little more melted chocolate on top of the Biscoff and place back in the freezer for another 10 minutes or so.

Remove candy cups from the mold but leave in the paper cups if you're using those. 


Here's all you need. Some chocolate and some biscoff.
Here's all you need. Some 
chocolate and some biscoff.


Melt the chocolate.
Melt the chocolate.


Then coat the candy cups on the bottom and up the sides. I left the bottom just a teeny bit thick.
Then coat the candy cups on 
the bottom and up the sides. 
I left the bottom just a teeny bit thick.


Then pop them in the freezer for a little bit. (Yes, I keep marshmallow Peeps in my freezer. What of it?)
Then pop them in the freezer 
for a little bit. (Yes, I keep 
marshmallow Peeps in my freezer. 
What of it?)


Then spread about a teaspoon of the Biscoff in the bottom.
Then spread about a teaspoon
of the Biscoff in the bottom.


Then top with more melted chocolate and place back in the freezer.
Then top with more melted chocolate 
and place back in the freezer.


Yum!!!!!
Yum!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment