Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Crock Pot Pork Loin

What can I say about this recipe but to tell you how wonderful it is? Well, I could tell you it's easy, too and that would be the honest truth! I threw everything in the crock-pot about 9:00 am and by 5:00 we were eating dinner. I made a little gravy to pour over the meat to make it a truly delicious meal. It's company worthy!!

  Crock Pot Pork Loin



1 2-pound pork loin roast
1 15-ounce can beef or chicken broth
1 large onion ~ sliced
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Spray your crock pot with cooking spray (or use a liner).

Place sliced onion in the bottom of the crock pot then pour in the broth.

Place roast on top of onion.

Sprinkle seasonings on top of the roast.

Cook on high for 5 -6 hours or on low 7 - 8 hours. (I put my roast in frozen and cooked it on high 8 hours.)

Remove roast and onions from crock pot.

Pour juices into a small saucepan over medium heat.

Combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with a cup of water. Pour into saucepan with juices and cook until bubbling and mixture is thickened.

Serve over roast.

The list of ingredients.

The list of ingredients.


Place the sliced onion and the broth in the crock pot.
Place the sliced onion and the broth in the crock pot.


Then the roast. Season that puppy up!
Then the roast. Season that puppy up!


This is half way through the cooking time.
This is half way through the cooking time.


Serve with the onions and make some gravy with the juices if you want!!
Serve with the onions and make some 
gravy with the juices if you want!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment