Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Spinach Artichoke Dip

If you gave me a bowl of spinach or a big helping of artichoke, I doubt I could eat more than a couple of bites of either one. But when you add some cream cheese, a little parmesan cheese and a few other ingredients, then it becomes something delicious. I’ve been making this dip for quite a few years and it's always a hit with the crowd. Serve it with warm tortilla chips or better yet…some toasted baguette slices.

Spinach Artichoke Dip

1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
2 6 ½ - ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (You can use 1 14-ounce can of artichoke as well.)
1 ½ 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup mayonnaise
2 – 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 ½ cups French breadcrumbs (homemade…recipe follows)
2 tablespoon butter, melted

Drain spinach and press between paper towels to remove moisture.
Combine spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayo, garlic and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Spoon into lightly greased 11x7 inch baking pan. Combine breadcrumbs and butter and sprinkle over spinach mixture.
Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbling and hot. Serve with tortillas chips, toasted baguette slices or crackers.

French breadcrumbs:

Tear off a large piece of French bread and pulse in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Measure crumbs and repeat until you have 1 ½ cups. Mix crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over spinach mixture.

All the fixin's.....
Mmmm.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment