Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Wednesday, August 18, 2010


Really...chicken and rice can’t get much easier than this. My SIL gave me this recipe a while back and when I’m in a hurry…or don’t feel like “gettin’ my gourmet” on, I pull out the ingredients for this homey dish. It’s a little bit like Sour Cream Enchiladas if you’ve ever had those…but without the tortillas. Comfort food at its best. Anyway…here ya’ go…for what it’s worth.

Chicken ‘N Rice…the Easy Way

6 – 8 FROZEN boneless skinless chicken breasts (the ones from WalMart, Sam’s, etc work GREAT for this dish)
1 LARGE can (1 pound can) cream of chicken soup
1 large (or two if you enjoy green chilies) can diced green chilies
Salt and pepper to taste

Set your crock pot to low and place chicken breasts inside. (I spray the inside of my crock pot with Pam…easier clean up)
In a separate bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, green chilies and salt and pepper together then pour mixture over chicken.

Let cook on low for about 8 hours or so. With two sharp knives, cut or shred chicken in a criss-cross manner while it’s still in the crock pot. Stir in about 1 cup of sour cream. Serve over rice.

The stuff....that small bag on the crock pot? 
Fresh green chilies, baby!!
Sooooo good. And so easy!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment