Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Grilled Cheese Puffs

Okay...so these aren't actually grilled...they're more oven baked but it doesn't really matter what you call them when they're as good as these little guys. I made a small pan because I wasn't sure how they'd go over. Note to self: double the batch next time. We inhaled these gooey little dough balls of wonderment. Spice yours up any way you want...but I went the plain route. Did you know Velveeta comes in a spicy Mexican flavor? Who knew? I bet those would be super good. These are great with pasta or soup...or as snack. Just delicious!

Grilled Cheese Puffs



1 8-count container Grands biscuits 
1 16-ounce Velveeta cheese
3 tablespoons butter ~ melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small baking pan or cake pan with cooking spray.

Remove biscuits from container and flatten out to about 4 - 5 inches in diameter.

Place a piece of cheese, about 1/2 inch x 2 inches on top of flattened biscuit. Flatten cheese a little bit.

Gather biscuit up around cheese and place seam side down in prepared pan.

Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter.

Bake for about 20 minutes until biscuits are golden brown.

Here's all you need right here.
Here's all you need right here.


Flatten out the biscuits then place a hunk of cheese on top and flatten that out a bit.
Flatten out the biscuits then place a 
hunk of cheese on top and flatten that out a bit.


Gather up into a little ball, securing the cheese inside then place seam side down into a baking dish. Brush the tops with melted butter.
Gather up into a little ball, 
securing the cheese inside 
then place seam side down 
into a baking dish. Brush the 
tops with melted butter.


Bake!!
Bake!!


Ooey-gooey goodness!
Ooey-gooey goodness!

0 comments:

Post a Comment