Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Thursday, September 19, 2013

Crab Stuffed Avocados

The first time I ever had crab stuffed avocados was about 30+ years ago. I had just met the girl who would become one of my closet friends ever. She claims to not be much of a cook, but this little dish is one of the best I ever had from her kitchen. You can certainly use fresh, cooked crab for this if you want, but the canned crab makes it fast and easy. If you're not an avocado fan then just eat this with crackers....still yummy!!!

Crab Stuffed Avocados



1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 small purple onion ~ diced
1 tablespoon butter
1 6-ounce can crab meat ~ drained
1/2 cup mayonnaise 
Salt & pepper to taste
2 ripe avocados

 

In a medium skillet, saute the red pepper and onion in the butter for 3 minutes, or until tender.

Stir in crab meat, and saute for another 3 minutes.

Remove from heat, and put mixture into a medium bowl.

Stir in mayonnaise, salt and pepper.

Cut avocados in half and remove the seed. Leave skin on avocado halves.

Scoop some of the crab meat mixture into each avocado.

May be served warm or cold....with or without avocado. But avocado highly recommended!!! :-)

Okay...here's what you need.
Okay...here's what you need.


Saute the onion and peppers in the butter.
Saute the onion and peppers in the butter.


Then add the crab meat.
Then add the crab meat.


Transfer the crab mixture to a bowl, then add the mayo, salt and pepper.
Transfer the crab mixture to a bowl, 
then add the mayo, salt and pepper.


Give it stir.
Give it stir.


Fill up the avocados!! So yum!!!!!
Fill up the avocados!! So yum!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment