Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Monday, November 26, 2012

I'm forever trying to find ways to incorporate a Mexican food flair to my cooking since we love it so much. Spying the fresh, frozen green chilies in my freezer next to some ground beef...it was a no-brainer what would happen next. I know not everyone keeps fresh green chilies in their freezer, so you can substitute a 7-ounce can of diced green chilies instead. Still good!

Firecracker Burgers

 

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 teaspoon cumin
1 7-ounce can diced green chilies
salt and pepper to taste

Heat a large skillet or prepare your grill.

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.

Form mixture into patties and fry in a little olive oil and a couple of tablespoons of butter until browned on both sides and done in the middle.

Serve with bacon, cheese and hamburger fixin's.


The burger stuff.


Mix the ground beef, green chilies, 
salt, pepper, garlic salt and 
cumin together in a bowl.


Form into patties then fry 'em up 
in a little olive oil and butter.


Drain for a bit on paper towel.


Brown the buns in a little butter. 
I used some homemade buns I had in the freezer.


Have you tried this little trick? 
Weave some halved bacon like you see here then...


..bake it at 375 for 20 - 30 minutes until done. 
Then slap that baby on a burger!


Ta die for!
 
 
 

1 comment: