Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Monday, May 7, 2012

I've been making this salad dressing for years. My mom gave me this recipe a long time ago. I served it to IT guy and #1 son the other day and they wiped it OUT! Okay..I admit..I ate my fair share but girls are usually okay with salads for dinner. But the guys really enjoyed it, too so that told me they were happy guys!

Spinach Salad



1 bag fresh spinach
1 red bell pepper
1 cup pine nuts - toasted
1/2 pound bacon - diced and cooked crisp
4 eggs - hard boiled and grated
1 small red onion - thinly sliced

Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over the top and toss or serve dressing on the side.


Here's the stuff for the salad and the dressing.


Toast the pinenuts and fry the bacon.


Mix all the salad stuff together in a bowl.

Dressing

1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon grated onion

Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until combined. Serve with salad.


Dump all the stuff for the dressing in a blender and whizz it around. Stick it in the fridge for a while.


Serve it up drizzled with dressing or serve the dressing on the side.

0 comments:

Post a Comment