Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Monday, August 15, 2011

During this hot weather, any excuse to NOT turn the oven on works for me. My kitchen area receives the FULL evening sun so it can get HOT while I'm cooking. I got a beautiful pork roast the other day. Before I went to bed, I put everything in the crock pot and threw the covered crock pot insert in the fridge. I gave IT Guy instructions on what to do with it in the morning. Did you know that I'm not a morning person? Yeahhh....mornings and me do NOT get along. But IT Guy IS so I knew I could count on him to start dinner at 6:00 am. (If you ask him, he MADE dinner...yeah, whatever.) By the time 5:00 pm rolled around, we had dinner!! Talk about tender...this roast fell apart. In the end, I added some bbq sauce to the sandwiches, but they certainly didn't need it. Yum!!

Pulled Pork Sliders



½ cup apricot preserves
1 tablespoon Apple Cider vinegar
1 red onion – sliced
2 ½ pound boneless pork shoulder roast
2 teaspoons cumin
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
BBQ sauce ~ optional

In a crock pot, whisk together the apricot preserves and the apple cider vinegar. Add sliced onion and stir to combine.

Season pork with cumin and salt and pepper. Place in crock pot and cook on low 7 – 8 hours or on high 4- 6 hours.

Using two forks, shred meat and stir it back into the cooking liquid. Serve on slider rolls.

 
Here's the stuff....


 
Slice the onion and mix them 
in the crock pot with the apricot preserves.


 
Season your pork roast.


 
Cook it all day. 
Mine literally fell apart. 
It was so tender and juicy.


 
Place the meat back in the 
crock pot to mix with the liquid. 
We added bbq sauce to ours 
and that made the sliders even MORE yummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment