Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Friday, July 15, 2011

You know me...always on the hunt for a good casserole. And if its got pasta and meat in it, then I am all about it! So when my mom gave me this recipe, I knew I had to make it. I made some changes to it...for the better, I might add. I like that it doesn't make a TON. There are only so many leftovers a family can eat. This fed 5 adults good-sized portions with none to spare. I used a sweet Italian sausage but feel free to use a mild or even spicy would be good. It's been so hot here in the south the last few weeks, that it was nice not to turn the oven on....stove top rocks!!


Sweet Italian Sausage 
Stove Top Casserole


1 pound sweet Italian sausage
2 cups pasta – rigatoni, penne, etc.
1 medium sweet onion – diced
3 cloves garlic – minced
1 large red bell pepper – chopped
1 30-ounce jar pasta sauce
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil then add onion and garlic. Saute for a few minutes then add red bell pepper. Allow to cook for a few minutes.

Add sausage and cook until no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Add pasta and pasta sauce. Heat through then sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.

Here's 'da goods....


Saute the onion and garlic 
then add the red bell pepper.


Add your sausage and cook through. 
Add salt and pepper to taste.


Then throw in the cooked pasta and pasta sauce. 
Heat it all up!


Mix it up good and toss some in a bowl!


1 comment:

  1. Oh yum.... That looks so good. I love easy pasta dishes like this, not only are they so tasty but they are easy and kid friendly! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete