Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Friday, May 27, 2011

I wanted to make cakepops for a Memorial Day picnic we're going to....but my problem was transporting them. I had to figure out a way to do that. Enter IT Guy. He's good for things OTHER than techy/geeky stuff. He's also very handy with woodworking. He runs a GIANT computer (of course) driven CNC machine that can do all kinds of fancy stuff. So I asked him to design me something that would hold cakepops upright and be sturdy enough to move them. Voila! This is what he came up with. 



             Pretty cool, huh?        

                  

A while back I ordered some really cute stuff from Fancy Flours. They have the neatest stuff over there. One of things I ordered was a couple of packages of sugar ants and red checked cupcake wrappers. I made vanilla cupcakes then piped green frosting for grass then placed an ant on each cupcake. A friend gave me the little ant stickers that I placed on a serving tray.



Stinkin' cute!

0 comments:

Post a Comment