Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Thursday, May 19, 2011

Do you ever wonder what to take a potluck or a picnic? Sandwiches are good but really....how much can you do with a sandwich and still have it travel well? The other evening we went to some friends house for a get together and everyone was to bring sandwiches. So instead of slapping some lunch meat between some bread...or mixing up some egg salad, I ran to the store for one of my favorite ingredients....a rotisserie chicken! I love those things! Mixed together with a little bbq sauce and some cheese slices, wrapped in a flour tortilla...it was some good eatin'! I brought a few home and they were devoured by my son within an hour. Pretty successful, I'd say.

BBQ Chicken Wraps


4 cups cooked chicken – chopped
1 – 2 cups bbq sauce
½ cup chopped red onion
Sliced pepperoncini peppers (optional)
Provolone cheese slices – cut in half
Large flour tortillas

Combine chopped, cooked chicken, bbq sauce and onion. Heat through.

Heat flour tortillas one at a time for 15 seconds in the microwave. Remove and place about ½ cup of chicken mixture on tortilla. Top with 2 halves of provolone cheese slices. Roll tortilla burrito style. Wrap in waxed paper. Slice on the diagonal and serve.

Here's all you need. I used a store bought rotisserie 
chicken but of course you could use chicken you cooked 
yourself or if you're in a hurry......use canned chicken.
 
 
Chop the chicken and onion and throw it in a bowl with 
some bbq sauce. If I'd had any of my chipotle bbq sauce, 
I would have used that! Yum-o! (Here's where I would have 
added some sliced pepperoncini peppers!)
 
 
You can use as much sauce as you want. I just eyeballed it. 
But mix it up good!!
 
 
I use these handy-dandy sandwich wrapper thingies. 
I love 'em! Warm your flour tortilla then put some 
of the chicken mixture on top with some cheese.
 
 
Start rolling 'em up burrito style!
 
 
See?
 
 
Then roll them up in some waxed paper and 
slice on the diagonal right before serving.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment