Welcome!

Welcome to Simple Fare, Fairly Simple. This is a place for me to post recipes of all kinds...along with other miscellaneous fodder from my so-called life here in the south. Who knows what you will find here. Could be anything from my husband...known as IT Guy...to my kids and beautiful grandbabies that are growing up way too fast right before my eyes. But...mostly this will be a place for food. I hope you'll see something you like and if you decide to try something from the list...leave me a comment and let me know!



Monday, August 16, 2010

Roasted Veggies with Pasta and Kielbasa

For my debut recipe I'm going to post a recipe I created and made last week for the first time. It's so easy and you can make as much or as little as you want. Switch up the pasta. Add some cherry tomatoes. My family LOVED it and there were no leftovers....so make extra if you want it for lunch the next day.

Roasted Veggies with 
Pasta and Kielbasa





Heat over to 400 degrees.

2 yellow squash - cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 zucchini - cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 red peppers - sliced into bite-sized pieces
1 sweet onion - cut in half, then sliced into 1/2-inch pieces

1 package Polska Kielbasa Sausage- sliced into 1/2-inch rounds

1 teaspoon each:
dried oregano
dried sage
dried rosemary
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

3 cups penne pasta - cooked

Place cut veggies and sausage in 9x13 pan or rimmed cookie sheet. (I use my Pampered Chef baking pan because I feel it roasts the veggies very well but whatever you have will work.) Sprinkle herbs and spices over veggies and sausage. Sprinkle with a good dose of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and give the whole thing a good toss. Place in the oven and let it roast for an hour or so - stirring a few times throughout the cooking process. When veggies are nicely roasted and the sausage has crisped a bit, remove from the oven. Mix in the COOKED penne pasta and toss. Add a little more olive oil, if desired. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Dish it up and enjoy with some good french bread.

Serves 4 - 6

If you're not a fan of Kielbasa, you can substitute COOKED chicken breast instead. I have not tried using chicken, but hey...why not? Just be sure to add the cooked chicken with the pasta, AFTER you've roasted the veggies.














Here's what you need for this yummy dish.
It's so easy to throw together and the kielbasa
flavors the whole thing. Super good!








0 comments:

Post a Comment